George's Trains Policies
Home » George's Trains Policies
- We are closed on Mondays. Order received by us on Sunday or Monday will be processed on Tuesday.
- Deliveries are made on business days, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Statutory holidays may add an extra day to delivery times.
- If we cannot fulfill your order within 2 business days, we will notify you via email to let you know.
- Customers will be provided with a delivery confirmation number via email once their order has been shipped. In case of a delay we will notify you by email.
- Our shipping charges to Canada or USA are a flat fee per order, not per item.
- International order will be quoted on an individual basis.
Because some items are bulky and heavy, our cost to ship them is higher than for other items. Therefore, these large items may have a delivery surcharge which is applied during checkout; this Oversized Charge is in addition to our regular delivery charges. There is also a surcharge for deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii. You will be notified of this surcharge via e-mail prior to processing your order.
When your order is shipped from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation that will include your tracking number. If you have misplaced your tracking number, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not received your confirmation e-mail from us or believe that there may be problems with your shipment, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Incorrect Shipping Information
If a package is returned to George's Trains due to an incorrect shipping address provided by a customer, the customer is responsible for return shipping costs as well as the redelivery cost.
George's Trains is committed to providing the best quality merchandise from reputable manufacturers who stand behind the quality of their products. In addition, we make every effort to ensure that your purchases are delivered in good condition. However, in the event you receive a damaged item, please contact us within 2 business days of receipt of merchandise to report the problem. A customer service representative will advise you how to quickly and effectively address your concern. Please, do not ship your product back to us or to the manufacturer prior to contacting George's Trains.
Paints, Lubricants, and Adhesives (U.S. and Other International Orders)
Please note that we are unable to ship these items to U.S. or Other International addresses because of Customs classifcation as hazardous materials.
What is a Pre-Order? It is an item that has not been released yet. We allow you to pre-book this item and we will bill and ship when it has been released. We encourage you to pre-order your items in advance to help secure your item when it arrives in stock, but we ask that you be sure that you want the item before you place your pre-order.
Please note: A deposit on Preorders may be required on certain items, these items will be identified at the time of preorder.
Please remember to place SEPARATE ORDERS for EACH PRE-ORDER ITEM that is NOT within the same SERIES.
We do not require pre-payment for pre-ordered items through our site, unless it is otherwise stated within the item's description (for example, if it is a Special Order item).
All release dates are subject to change by the manufacturer. The shipping dates listed are based on information that we receive from the manufacturers. Generally, most manufacturer release dates are accurate. We will try our best to update our website with any revised release dates. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at customer service.
All prices are subject to change without notice due to currency exchange rate fluctuations.
Return and Exchange Policy
George's Trains is dedicated to customer satisfaction: if you're not happy, we're not happy. That's why we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all products purchased at George's Trains.
The following return and exchange process has been created for your complete satisfaction:
- Return item within 14 days for a complete refund (less shipping costs), exchange, or store credit. This applies only to returnable items. *
- Shipping charges will apply to exchanges
We do not accept returns after 14 days from receipt of purchase, nor can we accept returns on sale or clearance items. Please allow up to two billing cycles to see your credit on your statement.
To return or exchange your merchandise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at t 1-877-8TRAINS (1-877-887-2467), or locally at 905-470-6200, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am - 5pm, Thursdays 11am to 7pm, Fridays and Saturdays 9am to 5pm, and Sundays 11am to 4pm E.S.T. Closed Mondays (except during December).
Please ensure the following are provided with your return:
- Include the original sales receipt
- Merchandise must be repacked in its original packaging
- Include any warranty cards and or manuals included in the original packaging
- Merchandise must be in NEW and UNUSED re-saleable condition
* Non-Returnable Items:
- Non-stocked special order items.
- Digital Command Control (DCC) – all sales are final except for factory defects. After 14 days of delivery of shipment, direct manufacturer warranties apply.
- DVD's and CD's.
If you have decided to cancel an order, please contact us as soon as possible. Orders that are cancelled prior to shipping will be fully refunded. Once an order has been shipped, it must be considered a return. As such, please follow the return policy as outlined above.
There are no cancellations on custom or special orders.
Note: Shipping, duty, brokerage, and insurance charges are non-refundable. However, in the event of an error on our behalf, we will refund the original shipping cost.
The shipping address for returns is:
George's Trains Ltd. – Returns Department
550 Alden Road, Unit 101
Markham, ON Canada